GARBA MAHOTSAV– Fundraising for improved quality of life of the poor and vulnerable
United Way Baroda’s, Garba Mahotsav has been a grand success since last 29 years, it has become the most famous and most awaited event not only in Gujarat but also across the globe. The 9 Days of fun and frolic attracts the people of all age group. Every year the fund generated from this event is allocated to various local affiliated NGOs according to their project requirements for the benefit of economically poor and other vulnerable groups – differently abled, children and senior citizens. The dedicated work of the Board members, staff and youth volunteers; and the support of individual donors and corporate, makes the event a grand success and talk of the town every year.
Key highlights of UWB Garba Mahotsav:
- Ambience & Decoration a blend of traditional culture and modern preference of the youth.
- Online Registration of 37,000 male and female garba players
- Shri Atul Purohit as the lead singer and the well known Rutambara group
- Multicuisine food stalls of more than 70 varied cuisines
- Adequate Parking arrangement for more than 2000 four-wheelers and 7000 two-wheelers
- Seating arrangement of Stadium type and Corporate boxes for more than 30,000 viewers
- LCD displays to facilitate close-up view of the dancers
- Safe and Secure environment ensured through proper security arrangements
- Daily attractive prizes for Garba players in different categories all throughout the nine days
- Live telecast on Colours Gujarati all over the world.